Wausau School Foundation
John A. Waldron Student Assistance Fund
Named in memory of John Waldron, former Wausau School District Director of Pupil Services and Special Education, this fund addresses small emergencies and needs of low-income students to be able to be active in school and school-related activities that would otherwise not be possible.
To avoid accidental duplication, WSF asks that teachers, when possible, work with the school counselors to submit the application for funds. The application is available online or can be printed and filled out manually. Decisions and funds are usually released within 48 hours.
Should there be an immediate need please contact:
715-261-0510 (School extension #21510).
- Health-related needs, such as medical, hygiene, dental, hearing, vision, etc.
- Fees to participate in school activities such as field trips, sports, clubs, etc.
- Needed items for participation, such as shoes, uniforms, other required materials
- Transportation costs to participate in school-related activities
- Transportation to and from school, such as bus passes, assistance with minor repairs to family vehicle, etc.
- College entrance exams, auditions, etc.
- Other needs as WSF allows on an individual basis
Typically not funded:
- Housing costs
- Major vehicle repairs or purchases
- Extensive medical costs, such as surgeries, casts, etc.
- Other items as may be available through other community services
WSF maintains the right to choose whether an application will be fully or partially funded, or referred to other services. Disbursement for accepted applications will be based on monies available in the fund. Only WSD staff are permitted to apply for these funds.
WSF welcomes the opportunity to work with the schools and community service partners to ensure that students and their families receive the care and assistance they require to be safe and healthy.